WHAT IS PSYCHOSEXUAL / SEX THERAPY?
Psychosexual therapy, also known as sex therapy, is a talking therapy which focuses on addressing the psychological/emotional causes of sexual dysfunctions and working through sex-related issues. We work on exploring and understanding the cause of a problem and utilise strategies and tools to help in overcoming the difficulty.
Common sexual difficulties include:
- Erectile Dysfunction – including porn related E.D.
- Premature Ejaculation
- Difficulty ejaculating
- Vulval / Vaginal pain
- Low / no desire
- Arousal difficulties
- Sexual Aversion / Fear of intimacy
In addition, therapy can help with:
- Sex addiction
- Porn addiction
- Sex education
- Managing unwanted sexual behaviours
- Understanding sexual orientation
- Building self confidence
- Intimacy after trauma/abuse
- Impact of Menopause on Intimacy
N.B. In the case of sexual dysfunction such as E.D. and vaginal pain, it is important to rule out medical/biological causes prior to approaching as psychogenic in cause.